This training will take you step by step through the process of developing defensive design practices, which can substitute common defensive coding, for the better of software design and implementation.
|15+ Years Experience
Learn from industry leaders
|Tailor-made Learning Journeys
Become the expert you want to be!
Immediately start applying your craft
Highly reviewed by your peers
- DevSecOps Engineer
Mohammed Siyam is a Security Architect at DevOn. He works with various distributed Agile and Scrum teams in helping them deliver secure software sustainably at speed and scale. Siyam is passionate about Software Security, Cloud Security and enjoys sharing his knowledge through various trainings.
The learning objectives for Defensive programming include an understanding of:
- Intermediate level of knowledge to protect applications and fix security flaws
- In-depth understanding of all the defensive programming techniques and principles
- Brief overview of testing applications for vulnerabilities
- Ability to identify internet resources to enable fast learning
- Practical, hands on, and real world workshop enables learning by actually coding
- Being able to recognize patterns and common vulnerabilities
- The Forrest Rabbit Analogy
- Disclaimer and Responsible activities
- The defensive programming principles
- The OWASP foundation and projects
- Understanding the common application security risks
- A quick overview of Injection Attacks
- Protecting queries against database
- Input Validation Whitelisting
- Regex based
- Typecasting based
- Encoding and Decoding Url Encoding Base64 Encoding
- Output Encoding and types
- Encryption and Decryption
- Secure Failovers and Logging
- Protecting Data during transit and storage; HTTPS; File Storage
- HTTP Header based security and recent advancements
- Securing the configurations
- Types of Authentication
- Secure Account Management Password storage
- Protecting user identities so Secure Reset functionalities so Securely logging
- Prevention against automated attacks
- Randomized tokens
- Cookie security Session Management Time Outs
- A quick look at the defensive programming cheatsheet
Developers, Programmers, Architects with experience in any scripting/programming languages.
Top reviews of our trainings
Its a combo of high over and technicalMasterclass Dave Farley
The trainer is very knowledgeable, enthusiastic and can explain everythingDevOps Foundation
Very strong in content, and enthusiasticKubernetes & Continuous Delivery
Applicability, speed, material knowledgeDevOps Foundation
Good enthusiastic storytellerMasterclass Leading a DevOps Transformation
Enthusiastic and flexibleDevOps Foundation
What’s next for me?
Take a look at what trainings you should follow next to become a true expert in your field.
After your registration has been confirmed, you are still able to change the date up to 20 days before the first day of the training. You are able to do this once. Please send your request to email@example.com or call +31(0)15-24 11 900 for further assistance.
Two weeks before each training, we will check if we have enough participants for the training course to be valuable and continue. If this is not the case, we will inform you by e-mail, with options for a new date and location. After this notification, you will have the right to cancel or change your registration within 5 working days.
On the website you can choose to pay via iDeal, creditcard or by invoice with a payment period of 30 days.
Most of our courses are available in both English and Dutch. We have a selection of training courses which are only available in English, which will be on that training page. Our rule of thumb for courses in the Netherlands is – the course is in English unless everybody speaks Dutch, then the course is in Dutch. If you want to be sure you are in a Dutch course, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org in case the information on a specific date is not available on the course page.
Unless mentioned otherwise, the course fee includes the cost of training material, exam cost, the use of the location, catering and parking.
When you click on the orange arrow, the menu will unfold further. More locations and dates might appear.
The costs that apply to our programs initiated from the Netherlands are exempt from sales tax as per Article 11-1-o of the 1968 Sales Tax Act. In other locations/countries, the prices shown are excluding VAT, which will be added.
Is the ‘register’ headline visible? This means you can register and attend the training. Does the headline say ‘full’? Give us a call and we’ll try and help you out!
All course material for the open registrations is in English.
If you are doing the PSD (Scrum.org) or one of the certified DevOps Institute trainings, you will receive your exam code on the final day of the training.
We have a payment term of up to 30 days