(AZ-500) Microsoft Azure Security Technologies
This is a non-certified training, provided by hands-on experts in the field of DevSecOps, Cloud and Security. In case you are interested in combining the AZ-900 & AZ-500 get in touch with us to grab a combo-deal!
|15+ Years Experience
Learn from industry leaders
|Tailor-made Learning Journeys
Become the expert you want to be!
Immediately start applying your craft
Highly reviewed by other participants
- DevSecOps Engineer
During this training, participants will gain the knowledge and skills needed to implement security controls, maintain the security posture, and identify and remediate vulnerabilities by using a variety of security tools. Secondly, the training covers scripting and automation, virtualization, and cloud N-tier architecture.
Mohammed Siyam is a Security Architect at DevOn. He works with various distributed Agile and Scrum teams in helping them deliver secure software sustainably at speed and scale. Siyam is passionate about Software Security, Cloud Security and enjoys sharing his knowledge through various trainings.
The learning objectives for (AZ-500) Microsoft Azure Security Technologies include an understanding of:
Configuring Microsoft Azure AD
- Understanding App Registrations & Types
- Nuances between the new and old Azure portal for Azure AD
- App Registration Permission Content
- Configuring MFA in Azure AD
- Configuring Authentication methods
- Manage Azure AD Users and Groups
- Configuring Azure AD Connect for directory sync bewteen ADDS and Azure AD
- Implementing Conditional Access policies
Azure AD Privileged Access Management
- Monitoring Privileged Access and Activating Privileged Identity Management
Azure Tenant Security
- Azure subscriptions between Azure AD tenants and managing API access to Azure subscriptions and resources
- Configuring Virtual Network Connectivity
- Configuring Network Service Groups
- Configuring Azure Firewall
- Configuring Application Security Groups
- Configuring Remote Access Management
- Configuring Resource Firewall
- Configuring endpoint security with the VM
- Configuring VM Security
- Hardening Virtual Machines in Microsoft Azure
- Configuring system updates for Azure VMs
- Configuring baselines for VMs
- Configuring: network, authentication, container isolation, AKS security, container registry, container instance security
- Configuring and implementing vulnerability management
Azure Resource Management Security
- Microsoft Azure Resource Locks, Manage resource group security, Configure Microsoft Azure Policies, Custom RBAC role and subscription and resource perrmission
- Microsoft Azure Monitor, Microsoft Azure Log Analytics, Diagnostic Logging and Log retention, Vulnerability scanning
- Centralized policy management with Azure Security Center and Just in time VM access with Azure Security Center
- Create and customize alerts
- Review and respond to alerts and recommendations
- Configure playbook for security events through Azure Security Center
- Investigate escalated security incidents
Security policies to manage data
- Data classification, data retention and data sovereignty
Security for Data Infrastructure
- Database Authentication
- Shared Access Signatures
- Database Auditing
- Security for HDInsights
- Azure SQL database threat detection
- Security for CosmosDB
- Access control for storage accounts
- Security for Azure Data Lake
- Key management for storage accounts
Data encryption at rest
- Database encryption
- Storage service encryption
- Disk encryption
- Backup encryption
- Microsoft Azure SQL Database Always Encrypted
- Azure Services to protect web apps
- Application security baseline
Azure Key Vault
- Managing access to key vault
- Managing permissions to secrets, certificates and keys
- Managing certificates
- Managing secrets
- Configuring key rolation
War stories: How we secure our Azure Cloud
The target audience for the DevOps Foundation course include management, operations, developers, QA and testing professionals, such as:
- Individuals involved in IT development, IT operations or IT service management
- Individuals who require an understanding of DevOps principles
- IT professionals working within, or about to enter, an Agile Service Design Environment
- The following IT roles: Automation Architects, Application Developers, Business Analysts, Business Managers, Business Stakeholders, Change Agents, Consultants, DevOps Consultants, DevOps Engineers, Infrastructure Architects, Integration Specialists, IT Directors, IT Managers, IT Operations, IT Team Leaders, Lean Coaches, Network Administrators, Operations Managers, Project Managers, Release Engineers, Software Developers, Software Testers/QA, System Administrators, Systems Engineers, System Integrators, Tool Providers
Top reviews of our trainings
Good information structureDevOps Foundation
Real-life examples with solid understanding and interactionQuality Code using SOLID principles
Changing the mindset in the right direction
Workshop typeQuality Code using SOLID principles
Really good structure, clean code part
What’s next for me?
Take a look at what trainings you should follow next to become a true expert in your field.
After your registration has been confirmed, you are still able to change the date up to 20 days before the first day of the training. You are able to do this once. Please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +31(0)15-24 11 900 for further assistance.
Two weeks before each training, we will check if we have enough participants for the training course to be valuable and continue. If this is not the case, we will inform you by e-mail, with options for a new date and location. After this notification, you will have the right to cancel or change your registration within 5 working days.
On the website you can choose to pay via iDeal, creditcard or by invoice with a payment period of 30 days.
Most of our courses are available in both English and Dutch. We have a selection of training courses which are only available in English, which will be on that training page. Our rule of thumb for courses in the Netherlands is – the course is in English unless everybody speaks Dutch, then the course is in Dutch. If you want to be sure you are in a Dutch course, please get in touch with email@example.com in case the information on a specific date is not available on the course page.
Unless mentioned otherwise, the course fee includes the cost of training material, exam cost, the use of the location, catering and parking.